Report of the Auditor General of Alberta
to be Released on Wednesday, July 4
JULY 3, 2012 — The Report of the Auditor General of Alberta—July 2012 will be made public on Wednesday, July 4. The Report will include the results of the following:
New systems audits
Follow-up systems audits
- Health—Management of Healthcare Waste Materials at Alberta Health Services
- Health—Primary Care Networks
- Treasury Board and Finance—Analyzing Performance
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development—Systems to Promote Drinking Water Safety and Regulate Water Well Drilling Activities
- Human Services—Occupational Health and Safety Systems
Report Release ProtocolThe protocol for release of an Auditor General’s report requires that Members of the Legislative Assembly be the first to view the report. Immediately following this distribution, the report will be posted on the Office’s website at 10 AM (www.oag.ab.ca) and copies will be available to media at our Edmonton office and via the Speaker’s Office.
Media AvailabilityStarting at 1:00 PM tomorrow, Auditor General Merwan Saher, FCA, will be available to speak with media representatives in his office, either in person or by telephone. Please note that this is not a news conference. Media interviews will be coordinated by the Office’s Communications Director.
For more information, contact:
Office of the Auditor General of Alberta
Telephone: 780.422.6512 | Mobile: 587.926.1341