The Office of the Auditor General of Alberta presented our Results Report for the Year Ended March 31, 2018 to the Members of the Alberta’s Legislative Assembly on October 3, 2018.
Our annual Results Report provides an overview of audit work, our accomplishments, and how we delivered on the commitments we made in our Business Plan for the Year Ending March 31, 2018.
Highlights of the 2017-2018 year include:
- Completing and publishing three substantive public reports, encompassing a wide range of audits on matters of importance to Albertans. In May 2017 we also published a thought-provoking special report on Better Healthcare for Albertans, offering a view on why we have yet to achieve fully integrated health care focused on the needs of the individual patient, and the benefits for Albertans that would result.’
- Producing and sharing a multi-year program of performance work, and inviting Albertans to provide input and suggestions to ensure our work remains relevant and of the highest value to Albertans.
- Meeting the internal goal of delivering the right mix of relevant and reliable audit products at reasonable cost by fulfilling a three-year goal to increase the number of performance audits we complete in relation to our financial statement audit work.
- Introducing the office’s first five-year strategic plan – Charting Our Course in a Changing World – setting a bold direction for the office and guides our efforts to fulfill our vision “making a difference in the lives of Albertans.” Our strategic plan calls for us to think differently and be open to new ways of working, and it lays the foundation for our future business and operational planning.
- Preparing for the transition to a new Auditor General in April 2018.
The Results Report for the Year Ended March 31, 2018 also includes our financial statements and results, and highlights of the community and professional contributions of the 150 people who serve to provide assurance to Albertans that their money is well spent.