NOTICE OF TECHNICAL BRIEFING AND MEDIA AVAILABILITY
Edmonton, Alberta — Alberta’s Auditor General W. Doug Wylie will be presenting his Report of the Auditor General – November 2018 for tabling in the Legislative Assembly on Wednesday, November 7.
This will be Doug Wylie’s first report to the Members of Alberta’s Legislative Assembly following his appointment on April 29, 2018. The report includes the results of our financial statement audits of the Province of Alberta for the year ended March 31, 2018, as well as the results of the following three new and five follow-up performance audits:
- Wildfire Management: Processes for Prevention & Review & Improvement (Agriculture & Forestry)
- Systems to Update Alberta’s Workforce Strategies (Labour)
- Contract Management Processes (Service Alberta)
- Systems to Manage & Report on the Oil Sands Monitoring Program Follow-Up (Environment & Parks)
- Contracting for External Services Follow-Up (Justice & Solicitor General)
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Follow-Up (Labour)
- Affordable Housing Follow-Up (Seniors & Housing)
- Collection of Corporate Income Tax & Filing Compliance Follow-Up (Treasury Board & Finance)
Embargoed copies of the report will be available for the media to review at the Office of the Auditor General (OAG) as part of an informal technical briefing in the Valentine Learning Centre, 7th Floor, 9925 - 109 Street, starting at 11:30 a.m.
Media wishing to review the embargoed report must pre-register by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 6 via email to email@example.com
An on-camera media availability will follow the technical briefing in the Valentine Learning Centre.
The contents of the report and any reporting from the media availability are under strict embargo until the report is tabled in the Legislative Assembly. The report is expected to be tabled by the Chair of the Standing Committee of Legislative Offices, David Shepherd, MLA, Edmonton Centre, between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m.
After tabling, copies of the report will be available at the OAG Edmonton office and the Office of the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, and available on-line at www.oag.ab.ca
Media unable to attend in person can contact the office at 780.644.4806 to discuss timing and availability of the embargoed report and for dial-in information to the briefing.
For more information, please contact:
Val Mellesmoen, Executive Director, Stakeholder Engagement
Telephone: 780.644.4806 | Mobile: 780.909.5841 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org