Matters from the current audit
There are no new recommendations to the Department of Treasury Board and Finance in this report.
Matters from prior audits
The department has implemented our recommendation to improve processes to select performance measures—see page 156.
We have three new recommendations that ATB Financial:
- develop a formal process to accept information technology risks—see page 156
- update and adhere to its information technology change management processes —see page 157
- fix the problems with borrower risk ratings in the new banking system—see page 158
ALBERTA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
We report that Alberta Investment Management Corporation has implemented three of our
recommendations related to:
- completeness and accuracy of the general ledger—see page 159
- reconciling its revenue from cost recoveries reported in its financial statements to the total fees it recovers from its clients and investment pools—see page 159
- securities reconciliation—see page 159
ALBERTA GAMING AND LIQUOR COMMISSION
We made one new recommendation to Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission to improve its processes for managing information security patches—see page 160.
We also report that AGLC has implemented our recommendation to obtain sufficient information to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards disclosures requirements in its annual financial statements—see page 160.