Management is responsible for implementing our recommendations.
We examine management’s implementation plans and perform procedures to determine whether management has implemented our recommendation(s) when management has asserted they have been implemented. We repeat our recommendations if we do not find evidence they have been implemented. We may also issue new recommendations for matters that come to our attention in the course of our assessment.
In this assessment of implementation, we report that three recommendations from 2014 have been implemented, and we make two new recommendations.
Alberta Health Services
- IMPLEMENTED Recommendation: Monitoring care at the resident level
- NEW Recommendation: System to mitigate risk to safe, quality resident care from insufficient staffing
- IMPLEMENTED Recommendation: Managing performance of long-term care facilities
- IMPLEMENTED Recommendation: Oversight at the provincial level
- NEW Recommendation: Improve public reporting on expected results and whether the provincial long-term care system is achieving them